If you are having a hard time syncing your Netgear Orbi router and satellite during or after Orbi WiFI router setup, then we suggest you shift the satellite into the same room as that of the router. What happened? Already tried that but it didn’t work in your favor? No problem. If placing your WiFi devices in close proximity didn’t work for you, the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps surely will.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Orbi Router and Satellite Not Syncing
Discussed below are the topmost steps that’ll help you in syncing your Netgear Orbi router and satellite without any hassle:
Perform Orbi Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router is really important if you want it to function properly. An outdated firmware is one of the biggest reasons why your WiFi devices are not syncing. Therefore, make sure that you update the firmware of your Orbi router before jumping onto conclusions. Walk through the steps mentioned below to update your WiFi device:
- Power on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Grab a cable and connect the router to the modem.
- Open up a web browser on your PC.
- Access orbilogin.com and fill in the default admin details.
- Once you hit Enter, you’ll be taken to the Orbi setup wizard.
- Go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update.
In this manner, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi to its latest version.
FYI, If you can’t update the firmware by accessing the Orbi login web page, then you can download the Orbi app on your mobile device and update the firmware by following the on-screen prompts. If you face Netgear Orbi app not working issue then update the app and then try to get the job done.
Get the Sync Button Fixed
Chances are that the Sync button on either of your devices is broken which is causing all the fuss. Therefore, it is recommended that you get the Sync button fixed. Once the Sync button has been fixed, check whether you’re able to sync your Netgear Orbi router with the satellite. If not, then scroll down, and continue reading. Hopefully, the next troubleshooting step might help you in fixing the issue.
Reset Your Netgear Orbi Satellite
If none of the aforementioned steps were able to help you sync your WiFi device, then it looks like you have no other choice but to reset the Orbi devices. Follow the guidelines mentioned below to restore your Netgear Orbi devices to their factory default settings:
- Switch on the Netgear Orbi router and satellite.
- Make sure that both your WiFi devices are placed close to each other.
- Then, use a paper clip or a similar object and press the Reset button located at the back of both your devices.
- Hold the Reset button for a couple of seconds and wait for the LED light to pulse white.
Note: You can also reset your Netgear WiFi device by accessing performing Orbi login.
In this way, your Netgear Orbi devices will get restored to their default mode. Now, follow the below-given instructions and try to sync your Orbi router and satellite:
How to Sync the Netgear Orbi Router and Satellite?
- Connect your Netgear Orbi router to the modem with a cable.
- Make sure that both your WiFi devices are plugged into the wall socket properly.
- Press the Sync button on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Do the same with your Netgear Orbi satellite after about 2 minutes.
- Your Orbi router and satellite will get synced after some time.
If you follow the above-mentioned steps carefully, you’ll surely be able to sync the Orbi router and satellite.
The Bottom Line
So, this was all about this post! We hope that this post was able to help you in syncing your Netgear Orbi satellite and router.
Read more- How to Fix Netgear Extender Red Light?