When talking about the new version of Magento, i.e. Magento 2, many developers find out various problems with it. Those issues can be easily fixed if you know the right process. Most of them are quite difficult to handle, however, if you know what to do, you can solve the issues occurring in Magento.
Sometimes, it’s not easy to detect the issue or find a relevant solution to it. In that case, contacting professionals offering Magento eCommerce development services can help. They can provide better solutions regarding your issues in no time.
Let’s start by learning about the most :
Common issues and their solutions in Magento 2.
Issue 1: Configuring Magento with New Domain
For example, Magneto’s first domain is ‘www.yourdomain.com’ and you want to edit the domain to ‘www.anotherdomain.com’. you can use the given solution:
Solution: First, go to My SQL manager, select your database, find the core_config_data table also called core_config_data, and then click on it.
In the core_config_data table, you will find web/secure/base_url and web/unsecured/base_url entries. Then swap your old domain name with a new one and hit on the Go button to save changes.
Issue 2: Slow Running of Magento Site
Most of the problems in Magento take place due to the slow running of the website. To rectify the problem, here are some solutions:
- Upgrade to the Newer Version: Upgrading your Magento to the newer version is one of the easiest ways to solve this issue.
- Activate Varnish Cache: Varnish Cache and Full page Cache is one of the best features of Magento 2 that makes your process of sending requests to the server extremely simple. Thus, activating Varnish Cache will help in decreasing your website’s response time, and also contribute to fast load time.
Issue 3: Resetting of Admin Password
Sometimes, you forget your admin password, but fortunately, you can reset it anytime you want.
If you need a quick and simple way to change your Magento admin password;
- Go to your phpMyAdmin or MySQL Manager
- Then, pick the Magento database
- Head towards the admin_user table.
- Replace your old password with a new one
Remember, you have to enter the password in the MD5 function.
Issue 4: Access Denied
This problem occurs when you don’t get consent to go through any web pages or applications. A few common explanations for these problems are:
- Wrong role assignment at the time of creating a new user
- More privileges for new extensions
- Incorrect admin login information
To reset all the admin privileges, it is important to log out and again log in to your Magento account. You can try these given- below solutions if you are still facing issues.
- Wrong role assignment: To assign a better role to a new user from the admin panel, you need to follow this flowchart;
(Go to System / Select Permissions /Go to User / Then, Click on user /Choose User roles)
Once done, correct the access right as per your needs.
- Incorrect admin login information: One of the most popular reasons for “Access Denied” is using incorrect information while trying to log in to the admin panel.
If you sign out and log in again but still cannot access it, use the below command to reset the password.
UPDATE ‘admin_user’ then, SET password = MD5(‘PASSWORD’) Where username = ‘USERNAME’.
- More privileges for new extensions: In Magento, it doesn’t update the privileges of new extensions automatically; you better need to reset your admin privileges. For doing this you can;
Go to System / Select Permissions/ ChooseRoles /Then, Click Administrator Role > Select Role Resources/Choose option Set it to All /Then, Save Role.
Issue 5: Support Search Engine Friendly URLs
Working with Magento 2 means you can do rewrites of the URL that will help you in removing the file name “index.php” in your URL.
Let’s take an example:
- URL without Web Server Rewrite: http://www.yourdomain.com/magento/index.php/
- URL with Web Server Rewrite: http://www.yourdomain.com/magento/storeview/url-dentifier
From the above example, you can see that this feature eliminates words that are not of value to search engines or customers.
- Go to stores> settings> configuration
- Move to the left panel, where the general tab is expanded
- Then, select the web
- Set Use web server rewrites
- Click on the Save button
Issue 6: 301 Redirects
301 Redirect means finally leading the IP to the new address. Therefore, it makes your web store more structured and SEO-optimized.
Step 1: In the sidebar, go to marketing > SEO & search > URL rewrites
Step 2: Select ‘Add URL Rewrites’.
Step 3: Enter the required information
Step 4: Click on Save.
Not everyone is perfect in their workings. Every application has its issues that can be recovered when the right thing is done. Before doing any changes, make sure you know all about coding in Magento. If you’re not confident in the technology capabilities and want to do it in the most better way for your business, you can hire professionals offering Magento or Custom eCommerce website development services.