The top-notch video and photo-sharing app Instagram has billions of active users globally and it is the best way to stay connected with your friends and families. You can chat on Messenger with your loved ones and is the best platform to communicate with each other. While chatting with other social media platforms send a read receipt to the users to know that the recipient has read the message you have sent to them and the sender awaits the response from the other side.
In certain instances, you have received a message and want to read it without letting them know.
You must be wondering, can you turn off read receipts on instagram? Luckily you can do so.
However, there are no official means to do so, but there are some workarounds required to hide you from the sender and you will read the message without any indication that enables them to know.
In this post, we will walk you through the procedure on how to turn off read receipts on instagram. Continue reading it.
Read Also: How to Get Notes on Instagram?
How to Turn Off Read Receipts on Instagram,
By just tapping on the message notification on Instagram, a read receipt is sent to the sender and the message gets a “Read” mark. There is no way to undo it, but to bypass it you can turn off Instagram message notifications. Here is how to turn off read receipts instagram.
1. Go Offline
Don’t tap on messages when you are online, take your phone offline
- Launch the Instagram app and refresh your inbox, all the messages will be loaded without sending any read receipt
- Swipe down on your screen to open Phone menu
- Tap on the mobile data and Wi-Fi icons
- Turn it off
- Now you are not connected to the internet, then you can open the message that you want to read and no read receipt will be sent as you are offline.
2. Turn On Airplane Mode
Another way to turn off read receipts instagram is to enable Airplane Mode. here is how
- Launch the Instagram app and refresh your inbox
- Swipe down to your phone’s menu and toggle on to Airplane Mode
- Now back to your inbox and read the message without sending them notification.
3. Turn Off Message Notification
- Launch the Instagram app and navigate to the “Profile” section
- Click on the “Menu” ie. on the “Three Vertical lines” button
- Go to “Settings”
- Choose “Notifications”
- Now pick the “message” section.
- Tick the circle next to the “Off” button.
Now you can read the message and it will not be notified to the sender.
4. Turn Off Activity Status
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your “Profile”.
- Click on the hamburger like the “Menu” button
- Go to “Settings”.
- Now find “Privacy” and choose
- Tap on “Activity Status”
- An additional sub-menu will appear on the screen
- Toggle “off” next to “Show when you are active together”
Now the sender will not get any activity from your side and you can check the message without sending a read receipt.
These are some simple workarounds that you need to do when you desire to turn off read receipts instagram.