Tooth abscess is a crucial infection that develops in your teeth due to bacteria. This infection can result in broken, decayed, and chipped teeth. An emergency dental care in London can help in managing your teeth problems.
When the bacteria reach the center of your tooth, it becomes infected and accumulated with the toothache and tooth swelling. If the problem is untreated, then it can spread over the bones of the mouth and gums. Tooth abscess needs medical help, but sometimes home-remedies can be helpful. Here are a few home remedies for dental health:
You can rinse your mouth with saltwater that is affordable and easy for relief for abscessed teeth. You can promote healthy gums and heal the wounds in the gums.
Process of the Remedy:
- Mix 2 teaspoon table salt with ½ cup of warm water
- Use saltwater to rinse your mouth
- Swish the water inside every direction of your mouth at least for two minutes
- Wash and spit the water out
- You may continue the process 2-3 times a day
- Oregano Essential Oil
Get antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties from oregano essential oil. You may reduce tooth pain and gum swelling of an abscessed tooth. You can dilute carrier oil with the essential oil to prevent irritation. Emergency dental care in London suggests this remedy most of the time.
Process of the Remedy:
- Mix carrier oil with a few drops of oregano essential oil
- Use cotton swab or ball for applying the drops
- Try to hold the cotton ball on the infected area of your teeth or gums
- Keep it 10 minutes
- You should repeat the process thrice a day
- Baking Soda
Baking soda can help in treating various types of dental problems and oral infections. You can manage abscessed teeth with this solution. Moreover, you can remove plaque with the help of baking soda. Enjoy the antibacterial properties of baking soda.
Usage of the Remedy:
- You may mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda with ½ cup of water and a pinch of salt
- Swish the solution in your mouth for 4-5 minutes
- Repeat this process about two times in a day
- Cold Compress
Reduce swelling and pain with a cold compress
- Use ice cubes with dry towel
- You can hold the compress with the skin along with the affected area
- For the 15-minutes of interval, the compressed things can be used
- Repeat this process multiple times a day
- Clove Essential Oil
For many years clove oil has been used as a natural toothache remedy. You may get anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. As per the diluted form, the clove essential oil can be used on your teeth and gums. The essential oil can be diluted by adding 3-5 drops with the carrier oil.
Process of the Remedy:
- You may apply the diluted oil on the affected area with a few drops of cotton swab or oil
- Use clove oil and mouthwash with a glass of water
- Use the clove oil three times a day
- Fenugreek Tea
Fenugreek has properties that can help in healing the wounds that reduce inflammation. You will get antibacterial properties in this tea. This type of tea can be helpful for immunity and can solve other problems.
Use of Remedy:
- Heat 1 cup of water in the saucepan and stir it with 1 teaspoon of fenugreek. This tea is known as fenugreek tea
- Cool down the mixture
- Use the small amount on the affected area with the cotton ball
- Repeat this mixture thrice times a day
- Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme oil has the antioxidant property. This can help in reducing swelling, fighting with bacteria, and killing parasites. You may dilute the essential oil with the carrier oil.
Process of Remedy:
- Use the thyme oil on the affected area with cotton swab or ball
- Make a dental mouthwash and add a few drops of diluted thyme oil with small glass of water
- Use the oil about three times in a day
Garlic is the natural remedy for various therapeutic uses on your body. There are various wound healing properties in garlic that can help you get rid of dental and gum diseases.
- Use a fresh clove of garlic and crush it to make a paste
- Rub the garlic paste on the infected area
- Repeat this 2-3 times a day
- Pull Oil
Oil pulling can help in managing the oral hygiene and treat the mouth ailments. You may remove toxins by pulling oil. Oil pulling can help in reducing swelling, bad breath, bleeding gums, bacteria reduction, etc. There are various types of oils that can help in pulling such as:
- Raw Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Oil
An empty stomach every morning, oil pulling can help you.
- You may take 1 tablespoon of oil on your mouth
- You may swish the oil throughout the year between 20 minutes
- Do not swallow the oil and split it to the garbage instead of sink
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide always has the antimicrobial effect, and it can be used as mouthwash that helps in reducing inflammation. You may reduce bleeding gums and plaque with the help of this solution.
Use of the Remedy:
- About 3% of hydrogen peroxide can be divided into two parts of water
- Mix and swish the solution in your mouth and split it.
- So do not swallow the solution
- Use it twice a day
When Should You Consult a Dentist?
Abscessed tooth is a serious infection that you cannot treat without dental treatment. It can be spread and create issues in your oral health. You may seek medical advice with the tooth abscess. Antibiotics are for pain relief so if you can use tooth abscess it can be always helpful to you. Follow the prescription of the dentist where antibiotics and pain relief treatments are given. Routine dental check-up and treatment are always important.
An emergency dental care can help in managing tooth abscess, a crucial infection that leads complications to your dental health. Antibiotics and medicines are the last solution. But you may use home remedies to manage dental issues like tooth abscess.